Friday, September 2, 2005

Angels Among Us...

I have heard from a number of friends in NOLA either by phone or email.  I've decided to share an email from a friend who is a NICU nurse at Ochsner Hospital.  Here is her story...

HELLO 
 
I am at Ochsner. I am well and dry, well sweating not dry. NO water up her but it is rising around us. I am sending this message to all of you because I know that you may speak to my family and you could tell them that I am well, just hot. We have no power except for red outlets so no ac, tv or any lights in the bathroom. Try shaving your legs in the dark, ha ha . I am in a tank top and shorts that I have worn for 2 days. I am washing my clothes in the dirty water. I even showered int the brownish red water. Who cares it was dark and I did not see it, besides it felt so cool. We have no ice that is edible. We are going to be on 20/20 on Thrusday at 9 pm. I have a pt gown on and am feeding the most beautiful baby girl. I have greasy hair and I look like sh..---You understand. I am well and joking about things. I have not seen my house but I know that I am unable to talk with Chris. He stayed home and then evacuated yesterday. I spoke with his aunt in TX wwhere he is going and she said that he is going there and my house has damage but she does not know how much. I hope that all of you are safe and I am thinking of you. 
 
We have started sending pts out to TX, AL, and Baton Rouge. The nurses in BR came down and brought us ice chest full of clean ice and cold drinks. They came to get the kids and they saw what we were dealing with and the felt sorry for us. They ROCK!!! We are going to be helping out in the hospital. I am so glad that I have adult experience. I may need it. Well got to go. 
 
LOVE YOU ALL, 
 
 
Have a great day or night whatever it may be.

No comments: