Monday, January 3, 2005

Why Blog?

First entry:  I should probably introduce myself and why I decided to start a journal.  Here goes nothing...

Being single, not of "the" faith, and professional at the approaching age of 30 makes me an odd man out.  Here in Utah, one could become an old maid by the time she was 24.  My adventures include:  liquid junkie parents (aka alcoholics), a jack-of-all-trades brother, a history of several non-committal men, a current long distance boyfriend whom I have known since I was 8, becoming a new homeowner by abandoning over romatic ideals of real estate, a mass village of friends who have been swallowed up by husbands and children or who happen to not live in the same area code, and my new role as a director to people who graduated with their masters the year I was born. 

I am a typical Gen X'er in the sense that I multi-task very well, I'm too independent for my own good, and I'm pretty scarcastic.  However, I am not lazy, tech savvy, and I've actually been with a company for over 5 years.  I'm finding I'm in an odd time in my life.  I like the success of being a single professional but I'm still a hopeless romantic.

I like to share funny stories of life.

This will hopefully be a nice window into my journey.

No comments: