Saturday, June 17, 2006

Peccadillos

Last night I hired a property management company to help me get my house listed for rent, market it, and then manage the tenants.  When RaNae (literal Utah spelling) put the metal sign on my lawn (one of the most effective marketing strategies, she said), my heart plummeted into my stomache.  MY house.  I felt like I was prostituting out part of myself. 

I realized at that point that I have a lot more than just a few little quirks that my husband-to-be will be taking, for better or worse, as long as we both shall live.  Here are just a few of them.

1)  I anthropormorphize just about everything.  Of course the couch, floor, plants, and cars have feelings.  Of course I don't typically remember to apologize to poor spiders before I smash them into oblivion (not my fault they came into my space), but I will apologize to the wall if I accidentially run into it and feel really bad for crashed cars.
2)  I sing constantly to Edgar.  Usually its made up tunes about him being a sweetpea and Edgar-roo, and my baby puppy and there isn't a melody to save your life.  I also spoil the dog.  I actually bake him bones from the butcher.  My whole family does this for dogs.  I just though it was normal.
3)  I like my showers/baths hot hot hot and the room I am sleeping in to be cold.
4)  All of my laundry must be done on Sunday.  House cleaned on the weekends.
5)  I like the snooze button.  Not just one alarm.  I usually set 2-4 of them and it is only when NPR and my ring tones are competing for my attention do I get up.  This ususally happens after 3 or 4 cycles of my hitting snooze.
6)  I'm perpetually late...although I'm getting better at that.
7)  I can't drink milk in the mornings.  Makes me nauseous.
8)  I'm a cookie monster.  Its my comfort food.
9)  Weeding is fun to me.
10)  I hate John Denver.
11)  High crisis and trauma turns me on.  Just yesterday we had a code blue and I was sailing!
12)  I love water sports but it does creep me out to be in the middle of the lake wondering what fish (I can't see) could be swimming and touching my toes.
13)  I am afraid of going blind, bugs, and ghosts.
14)  I firmly believe in tarot and astrology.  They can give just as good counsel as a religious figure head.  (Now that I've typed that I'm certain I'mgoing to hell)
15)  I'm caddy.  I like being caddy with my girlfriends although I'm also ashamed of it.
16)  I'm a toilet paper snob.  I only will buy one brand:  Kleenex Cottonelle 
17)  I can't stand dishes in the sink or a dirty floor.
18)  I'll pick goobers out of Edgars eyes with my bare fingers.
19)  I have an addiction to Real Simple magazine, baths, cafe au laits, neat serving platters or dishes, and lavender.
20)  I only like music where I can relate to the lyrics.
21)  You know I'm in trouble coping wise if I begin to write novels out of the current experiences.
22)  I love listening to the Today show while I'm getting ready for the day.
23)  I only like my nails filed off to be more square vs. oval.
24)  I hate beets.
25)  I get depressed easily but I think life is generally funny and everything happens for a reason.
26)  I despise people who can only complain about the problem without moving forward into thinking how to fix it, ignorance combined with arrogance, and entitlement.
27)  I'd rather clean the house than go to the grocery store.
28)  I love day lilies, snap dragons, peonies, orchids, periwinkle, and butterfly bushes.  I hate marigolds, carnations, and daisies.
29)  Money makes me uncomfortable.
30)  I make decisions quickly.  If its the wrong decision then I'll fix it.  No harm done.
31)  I like to purge things in my house.  I love getting rid of crap.  I am not a pack rat and only few sentimental pieces will do.
32)  I hate my feet. 
33)  Nine times out of ten, if you call me, I am multi tasking.  It is very rare that I can just sit and focus on a conversation.
34)  I love to scrapbook.  I realize this is a very Utah thing to do, but its fun.

I'm certain there are more.  But there are some for starters.

No comments: